Insomnia in USA is at epidemic proportions. If you suffer with chronic insomnia, the first thing to try is changing your lifestyle.
- Exercise.If you don’t already have a fitness routine, it’s time to get started. Research shows that getting just two to three hours of moderate exercise per week can help combat insomnia, restless leg syndrome and sleep apnea in adults.
- Turn off your devices.The lights emitted from your smartphone or tablet can inhibit melatonin production, making it harder to fall asleep. Screen time before bed can also fill your brain with stimulating or stressful thoughts about work, politics or your to-do list. For better sleep, turn off all devices two hours before bedtime.
- Create a bedtime routine.This can include eating a light snack, meditating, taking a bath or reading a book. Whatever helps you relax at the end of the day should become a routine to help you transition into sleep. And try to go to bed around the same time each night for best results.
- More than 30% of the population suffers from insomnia.
- One in three people suffer from some form of insomnia during their lifetime.
- More than half of Americans lose sleep due to stress and/or anxiety.
- Between 40% and 60% of people over the age of 60 suffer from insomnia.
- 90% of people who suffer from depression also experience insomnia.Women are up to twice as likely to suffer from insomnia than men.
- Approximately 10 million people in the U.S. use prescription sleep aids.
- According to the US Surgeon General, insomnia costs the U.S. Government more than $15 billion per year in health care costs.
If lifestyle changes aren’t enough, homeopathy can help!
Homeopathy works effectively on a wide variety of acute and chronic problems including infectious disease, allergies, gynecological difficulties, digestive problems, and so on. It also helps to prevent future illnesses by increasing the individual’s strength and resistance. There are no side effects or dependency issues with homeopathic medicines. Since homeopathy is used to treat people rather than illnesses, anyone, whatever their diagnosis, can benefit from homeopathic treatment. So let’s take the example of Insomnia. Homeopathy is individualised. Two individuals suffering from insomnia may need completely different remedies to get a curative reaction based on their specific symptoms.
Here’s a description of two powerful homeopathic medicines for insomnia
Nux is pre-eminently the remedy for many of the conditions incident to modern life. The typical Nux patient is rather thin, spare, quick, active, nervous, and irritable. He does a good deal of mental work; has mental strains and leads a sedentary life, found in prolonged office work, overstudy, and close application to business, with its cares and anxieties. This indoor life and mental strain seeks stimulants, coffee, wine, possibly in excess; or, again, he hopes to quiet his excitement, by indulging in the sedative effects of tobacco.
Late hours are a consequence; a thick head, dyspepsia, and irritable temper are the next day’s inheritance.
These conditions, produce an irritable, nervous, hypersensitive system which Nux will do much to soothe and calm.
Common Nux symptoms:
Cannot sleep after 3 am until towards morning;
awakes feeling wretchedly.
Drowsy after meals, and in early evening.
Dreams full of bustle and hurry.
People who respond well to Nux Vomica generally feel worse, morning, mental exertion, after eating, touch, spices, stimulants, narcotics, dry weather, cold.
They generally feel better from a nap, if allowed to finish it; in evening, while at rest, in damp, wet weather.
If that doesn’t sound like you, another great insomnia medicine is
Drinking coffee can cause nervous agitation and restlessness. On the homeopathic principle of like cures like, coffea cruda will cure the following symptoms
Extreme sensitiveness characterizes this remedy.
Neuralgia in various parts; always with great nervous excitability and intolerance of pain, driving to despair.
Unusual activity of mind and body are greatly helped with this remedy.
Bad effects of sudden emotions, surprises, joy, etc. Nervous palpitation.
Full of ideas, quick to act.
Sleep.–Wakeful; on a constant move. Sleeps till 3 am, after which they only doze. Wakes with a start, sleep disturbed by dreams. Sleeplessness, on account of mental activity; flow of ideas, with nervous excitability. Disturbed by itching.
People who respond well to coffea generally feel
worse with, excessive emotions (joy), narcotics, strong odors, noise, open air, cold, night.
and feel better with, warmth, from lying down; holding ice in mouth.
If neither of those sound like a good match for you or you want more guidance,
call +1(216) 407-4519 for an appointment. If you are otherwise healthy, you may only require a focused consultation and a follow up to beat insomnia for good!Leave a reply