Diaper rash can be so painful for your baby. Thankfully it’s easy to treat using homeopathic remedies which will bring quick relief and speed up the healing process.
The advantages of using homeopathic topicals over the usual OTC products are
- Homeopathic remedies contain no potentially harmful carriers such as petroleum, they are pure and simple.
- They can also be given internally in the form of tiny pillules or granules to heal powerfully from the inside out. Babies take them very easily because they just taste sweet.
We recommend you do both. Use a homeopathic ointment, such as Calendula ointment, as a barrier against moisture on the skin and maximize the healing by giving a few doses of a remedy internally.
Here are four popular remedies used for diaper rash:
It’s an antiseptic and aids skin healing. It’s also useful for a variety of skin ailments such as cuts and scrapes.
- Arsenicum album.
It can remove the stinging pain of diaper rash.
If the skin looks like a burn: red, raw, blistery, this will be a powerful remedy.
This is the remedy to use if the diaper rash is due to teething. When your baby is super irritable and you can’t seem to do anything to settle them, it will help to calm and sooth them from the pain of teething.
Other things you can do to help your baby when they have diaper rash are:
- Reduce fruit and other acids in their diet. It’s the acid which burns the skin.
- Add a cup of baking soda in their daily bath water. This is alkaline and will neutralize the acid in urine and stools. You can also use a table spoon of baking soda in a bowl to rinse babies skin after every change if the rash is severe. Gently pat dry with a soft towel.
- Let your baby air dry as much as possible.
- Change them promptly and wash with warm water only. Do not use baby wipes as they contain alcohol which will sting.
Sometimes, despite parents’ best efforts, something else is needed. It may be, for instance, that your baby has a food allergy which is causing a rash or they have a yeast infection and it isn’t responding to the above recommendations.
We are here to help!
If your child is otherwise healthy, a focused consultation may be all they need to heal.
If they have other signs that something isn’t quite right such as recurring skin rashes, colic or changes in their bowel habits, they will benefit the most from a constitutional consultation.
Leave a reply